Eight new affiliates join newly formed IndustriALL
The first Executive Committee meeting of IndustriALL Global Union took place in Copenhagen on 20 June 2012 in Copenhagen immediately after its founding Congress.
In discussing the work of the new organization the Executive members put a special focus on women’s issues in IndustriALL. A day-long meting focused on planning the work of the organization on women will take place one day prior to next Executive Committee meeting, which will be on 12 to 13 December 2012 in Geneva.
The Executive Committee elected members of the Financial Committee and approved Geneva-based company Gerofid as external auditor. It also discussed staff arrangements in the head quarters and in the regions. IndustriALL will have five regional offices located in Montevideo (Uruguay), Johannesburg (South Africa), Moscow (Russia), New Delhi (India) and Singapore.
Affiliation of eight new organizations was unanimously granted to:
- Trade Union of Mining & Metallurgy Workers of Republic of Kazakhstan (TUMMWRK);
- Sindicato de Mecánicos y Afines Automotor de la República Argentina (SMATA);
- Chemical, Energy and Mines Workers Union ofIndonesia (CEMWU SPSI);
- ExxonMObil Singaporeemployees Union (EMSEU);
- Thailand State Enterprise Employees Union of PTT Public Company Limited (PTTPLC);
- Lebanon Syndicat des Employés et Ouvriers de Holcim Liban; Central Africa Organization Démocratique Syndicale des Travailleurs de Centrafrique (ODSTC); and
- Senegal Syndicat National des Travailleurs des Industries chimiques et Activités Rattachées du Sénégal.