IndustriALL is seeking a new communications officer to be an active part of our communications team, also working in cooperation with our organizing and campaigns director, industrial and trade union building teams and regional offices.
This full time position is based in Geneva and involves some travel.
Your main tasks will be:
- Actively increase IndustriALL’s presence in our digital channels through a strategic approach
- Mobilize support for IndustriALL’s campaigns through communications
- Keep ahead on relevant e-campaigning tools for the organization
- Produce content for our web site and other digital channels
- Contribute to team work as a member of IndustriALL’s communications team in the Geneva head office
- Several years of experience of communication work, preferably for a trade union or related organization at national and/or international level with a strong digital profile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of another major language is a welcome asset
- You are well organized, flexible and reliable
- You are capable of working in a team and with people from different countries and cultures
Applications by 3 December 2015
Please send your application including a CV and motivation letter by e-mail to IndustriALL’s communications director Petra Brännmark at [email protected] at the latest by 2 December 2015. We will interview short-listed candidates and complete the application process so that the new communications officer can start work in Geneva as soon as possible in 2016.
IndustriALL Global Union is a global trade union organization, which represents 50 million workers in mining, energy and manufacturing sectors in 140 countries. IndustriALL focuses on building union power all over the world through organizing and campaigns, fighting for an economic and social model that puts people first, based on democracy and social justice.