Jump to main content
IndustriALL logotype

Search

Showing 1-10 of 39 results

A trade union guide to a Just Transition for workers

15 May, 2019The transition to a cleaner, more sustainable economy must be economically and socially just and fair for workers and their communities.

Unions can shape the future of work in the Fourth Industrial Revolution

1 November, 2019Pro-active trade unions can shape and influence the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and the digital economy, said a panel of unionists from Germany and South Africa at a Global Labour University  (GLU) conference in Johannesburg on 31 October.

Retraining and upskilling: solutions for the future of (human) work?

12 August, 2019In three years’ time, 42 per cent of task hours will be performed by machines or algorithms and humans will take care of the remaining 58 per cent. New jobs will emerge in fields such as data, employing 133 million people around the world, whilst others, such as postal jobs, will disappear, leaving 75 million people out of work.

Can global mining companies meet society’s expectations?

25 February, 2020What will it take mining companies to meet the expectations of society? Responsible Mining Index Report 2020 has found that mining companies are failing in their environmental, social and corporate governance commitments that would put them on the path to meeting society’s expectations.

Unions unite to defend workers’ rights

4 October, 2018Over 80 delegates representing 40 IndustriALL affiliates from the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) met on 1 - 3 October in Baku, Azerbaijan, to discuss effective trade union response against the challenges in the regions.

Unions take action in support of sustainable national and regional industry

20 November, 2017Latin American and Caribbean trade unions started to plan action in support of sustainable national and regional industry at an IndustriALL seminar on 15 November in Montevideo, Uruguay

Watch IndustriALL’s World Conference on Industry 4.0 on Facebook Live

23 October, 2017IndustriALL’s World Conference on Industry 4.0 taking place in Geneva, Switzerland, this week will be streamed live on Facebook. The Conference on Thursday 26 October and Friday 27 October will debate the implications of Industry 4.0 on trade unions and sustainable industrial policy. 

Pulp and paper sector makes plans to strengthen unions in Latin America

2 November, 2017More than 40 workers from the region’s pulp and paper sector met on 25-26 October in São Paulo, Brazil, to draft an action plan to strengthen trade unions in the sector.

IndustriALL sets strategies for Industry 4.0

31 October, 2017More than 100 participants from over 60 affiliated national unions in 40 countries gathered in Geneva, Switzerland, from 26-27 October for the IndustriALL Global Union World Conference on “Industry 4.0: Implications for trade unions and sustainable industrial policy”. 

Unions in Sri Lanka march for sustainable industrial policy

14 December, 2017IndustriALL affiliates in Sri Lanka gathered in Colombo on 6-7 December to discuss the social, economic and environmental dimensions of sustainability challenges. They committed to build capacity, evolve consensus and intensify engagement with government towards sustainable industrial policy.