Read this article in:
29 March, 2022IndustriALL is looking for a new colleague to our communications team, who will also work in cooperation with our campaigns director, industrial and trade union building teams and regional offices.
Strategic communications is key in telling the story of the 50 million workers in the 140 countries our affiliated unions represent. We are now looking for a communications officer whose main task will be to create content worth following. In addition to being passionate about content, you are also interested in exploring the best platforms to disseminate it on.
- Plan, produce and edit engaging content for IndustriALL’s different channels
- Mobilize support for IndustriALL’s campaigns through communications
- Manage IndustriALL’s online presence, including identifying ways to engage with the online community and increasing visibility
- Contribute to team work as a member of IndustriALL’s communications team in the Geneva head office
- Several years of experience of communication work, preferably for a trade union or related organization at national and/or international level, as knowledge of the international trade union movement is important
- Track record of creating engaging content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of another major language is a welcome asset
- You are well organized, flexible and reliable
- You are capable of working in a team and with people from different countries and cultures
This full-time position is based in Geneva and involves some travel.
Applications by Tuesday 12 April 2022
Please send your application including a CV and motivation letter by e-mail to IndustriALL’s communications director Petra Brännmark at the latest by Tuesday 12 April 2022. We will interview short-listed candidates and complete the application process so that the new communications officer can start work in Geneva as soon as possible.
IndustriALL Global Union is a global trade union organization, which represents 50 million workers in mining, energy and manufacturing sectors in 140 countries. IndustriALL focuses on building union power all over the world through organizing and campaigns, fighting for an economic and social model that puts people first, based on democracy and social justice.