Read this article in:
2 April, 2018We are looking for a Project Coordinator to assist in our work and implement the Union Building Project in Thailand. The selected candidate will work closely with IndustriALL’s affiliates in Thailand and report directly to the Regional Secretary in the Southeast Asia Office. This position is currently funded for 24 months. IndustriALL promotes gender equality and encourages equal opportunities for men and women to apply.
Principal tasks include:
• Organizing and preparing national project activities
• Facilitating and organizing the logistics of the activities in Thailand
• Running seminars and trainings, assisted by local resource people
• Assisting training participants after the project events, foreseeing adequate follow-up. Among many other, this may include visits to factories where seminar participants work, so as to get information and check on the situations at the workplace.
• Assisting affiliates in organizing drives and collective bargaining efforts, including through informing IndustriALL to ensure international support to those unions engaged in organizing or bargaining
• Assisting in writing, producing and/or distributing materials and publications for use in project activities
• Assist affiliates in ongoing communication with IndustriALL affiliated unions involved in the project, including through responding to e-mails and phone messages. This includes translation of communications between IndustriALL and affiliates in Thailand.
• Providing support to the Regional office in regional or global meetings held in Thailand
• Report on the project on a quarterly, midterm and annual basis
• Undertake other possible tasks within IndustriALL Global union
• Thai citizen
• Knowledge and understanding of trade union, human rights and the labor movement in Thailand
• Knowledge and skills in project management /education and administration
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Capacity to communicate confidently with union members and leaders
• Self-directed, action-oriented, organized, flexible and reliable
• Capable of working in a team and with people from different countries and cultures
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet Explorer, Skype, social media
Salary and benefits:
This is a full time position. Salary, social security and other benefits is negotiable.
Applications by 10th April 2018
Please email your application, including your Curriculum Vitae and a letter explaining why you want the job to [email protected] by 10th April 2018. We will interview short-listed candidates on the basis of their Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter and complete the application process so that the Project Coordinator can start work as of 1 May 2018 or earlier.
IndustriALL Global Union is a global trade union organization, which represents 50 million workers in mining, energy and manufacturing sectors in 140 countries. IndustriALL focuses on building union power all over the world through organizing and campaigns, fighting for an economic and social model that puts people first, based on democracy and social justice. The IndustriALL Southeast Asia Office is one of the five regional offices operating globally. The office is led by the Regional Secretary, Annie Adviento.