Read this article in:
16 November, 2021IndustriALL is looking for a full-time regional research, communications and campaigns officer based in New Delhi, India, one of the five regional offices. The regional office in Delhi covers India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka. The position will require some travel in the countries covered by the office.
The main tasks will be:
Research and information
- Conduct research, both field and desk, including mapping of industrial sectors and relevant unions, corporations and issues in different areas, like sustainable industrial policy, trade, climate change, digitalization, precarious work, telework, etc.
- Establish an overview of research capacity in the region for relevant topics.
- Implement communication strategies for IndustriALL in the region
- Prepare news reports about affiliates’ work in the region and labour-related issues, collect information from affiliated unions and other unions on current events and issues, prepare reports to be posted on the website and social media
- Take photos and videos and prepare imagery for IndustriALL’s communication channels
- Organize, taking part and mobilizing support for IndustriALL’s corporate campaigns, thematic matters, rights violations and conflict cases
- Liaise with affiliated unions, other unions and civil society organizations on trade union rights and issues of human rights, democratic rights, environment, industrial policy etc.
- Develop campaign tools and materials.
- Assist in conducting workshops and seminars as required.
- Any related work as assigned by the regional secretary.
Qualifications and experience required
- Knowledge and skills related to the social, economic and legal fields
- Knowledge and experience in conducting primary and secondary research, including corporate research
- An understanding of the trade union movement and work, in South Asia as well as globally
- Experience of communication work, preferably for a trade union or related organization at national and/or international level, with a strong digital profile
- An understanding of issues like trade, industrial matters and employment policies, climate change, digitalization, etc
- Excellent communication skills, written as well as oral
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to deliver tasks on time
- Ability to work in a team – both in the regional office as well as with the central office in Geneva
- Language requirements – English is required; any other language in the region, particularly Hindi, is an added advantage
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), internet browser, Skype, social media
Salary and benefits
Salary, worktime, health and travel insurances, pension, medical reimbursement, skills improvement package and other benefits will be in line with IndustriALL’s regional framework agreement.
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2021
Please send your application, including a CV and a motivation letter, by e-mail to the South Asia regional secretary Apoorva Kaiwar by the above-mentioned deadline. In line with IndustriALL’s gender policy, we encourage applications from woman candidates.
After an evaluation, short-listed candidates will be interviewed and the hiring process for the regional research, communications and campaigns officer will be completed by mid-December 2021. The successful candidate will start working on 1 January 2022.