Read this article in:
27 September, 2012IndustriALL affiliate actions to STOP Precarious Work
IndustriALL Global Union affiliate, Sindikat Metalaca (SMH-IS) has planned a series of activities to STOP Precarious Work. In the days leading to 7 October, the following actions will take place:
- On 2 October a meeting of the Main Board of the SMH-IS, on “The economic situation in Croatia with special emphasis on the economic and social conditions of members in companies where the SMH-IS has organized membership”. SMH-IS will review the rights achieved in the context of collective bargaining such as:
- Limiting employment through agencies to the maximum of 5 per cent of the total number of those employed in the company.
- Limiting the number of non-permanent employment contracts to a maximum of 20 per cent of the total number of the employed.
- Negotiating that the signed collective agreements be valid for workers employed through labour agencies.
- On 3 October SMH-IS will hold a press conference where they will oppose the announced amendments to the labour law. The government announced the introduction of even greater flexibilisation of the current labour law.