Read this article in:
2 August, 2018IndustriALL is implementing the project Organizing workers in the RMG sector in Bangladesh with support from FNV Mondiaal. IndustriALL is looking to hire a coordinator for the project who will primarily report to the IndustriALL South Asia regional secretary and will work closely with IndustriALL s TGSL director and programme officer.
The project coordinator will
- Coordinate project work as needed for the project Organizing workers in the RMG sector in Bangladesh, under the supervision of the regional secretary.
- Assist the regional secretary in drawing up a detailed work plan for the project.
- Liaise with all affiliates in the RMG sector in Bangladesh for implementing the project.
- Liaise with other project partners in the project as required
- Conduct all workshops and meetings as specified in the project document and report them to the regional secretary
- Organise and prepare project activities, including logistics
- Help run educational seminars and trainings, assisted by the regional office and identify local resource people
- Identify and brief local resource people
- Submit project reports as required according to agreed deadlines, including financial reports
- Work with the regional finance officer on the budget, expenditure, and financial reports as required and submit them as per agreed deadlines
- Work on all aspects of the project implementation, reporting and evaluation
- Assist in organising drives, including through ensuring international level support to those unions carrying out organising or bargaining, where needed
- Assist in writing, producing and/or distributing materials and publications for use in the project activities
- Advise the regional secretary on political and trade union situation in the RMG sector as needed
Qualification and experience
The project coordinator will have a good knowledge of workers rights and trade unions in the RMG industry in Bangladesh. She/he will be able to interact with workers and unions, as well as the civil society. She will have a good command of Bangla and English languages, both in speaking and writing.
The coordinator will have good experience in working with trade unions/ community organisations.
Interested applicants are required to email [email protected] with their CV, and a writing sample before 20 August 2018. The project work will start immediately thereafter, by September 2018